The minimum term of hire is 48 hours (2 days).
The driver must be over 25 years of age, have a valid driver’s license for a minimum period of 2 years, and a valid passport to hire a vehicle.
Use of the vehicle
The vehicle keys are handed to the Hirer at the moment of signing the Rental Agreement. The driver must ensure that all reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the vehicle, the vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use, and the keys kept under the hirer’s personal control at all times. At the expiry of the term of hire, the Hirer must return the vehicle in the same condition as it was when received.
It is strictly prohibited
- To drive the vehicle by any person who is not named or described in the Rental Agreement;
- To carry more than the maximum number of passengers or luggage permitted by law or vehicle’s manufacturer;
- To smoke inside the vehicle;
- To use or allow the vehicle to be used for the transport of passengers for hire or reward;
- To sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person;
- To drive the vehicle in the forest tracks, across beaches, and unpaved roads;
- To drive at a higher speed than it is permitted;
- To participate in any competition or speed racing;
- To park the vehicle in the prohibited zones or dangerous places;
- To drive the vehicle when driver’s physical condition is impaired by alcohol, drugs, fatigue or illness;
- To interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer. Any malfunction must be reported to BVcar immediately;
- To arrange, to repair, and to replace any parts of the vehicle or its accessories;
- To transport any animals;
- To operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated to propel or tow any other vehicle;
- To transport the vehicle between Islands and to take the vehicle outside of Tenerife territory.
Transportation of passengers
According to European Parliament Law:
- all passengers are required to use car seat belts while driving;
- all children under 1.5 meters tall must use a Child Safety Seat. It is strictly prohibited to hold a baby or a child on passenger’s lap while driving.
Documents required to sign an agreement
The Rental Agreement should be signed by both parties at the point of Hire. The Hirer must provide the following documents:
- valid passport /as in the case of additional driver;
- a valid driving license/as in the case of additional driver;
- a credit card (Credit card information will be inscribed in the Rental Agreement, as a guarantee for any insurance exclusions).
The Hirer must keep all documents given to him by BVcar and the copy of the Rental Agreement in the vehicle. By signing the Rental Agreement, the Hirer confirms that all provided information is accurate and true. In case of inaccuracy, BVcar has the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle.
To make a payment for the Hire online, you can use Visa or Master cards.
BVcar requires a deposit to rent the vehicle. The deposit varies from 100 EUR to 400 EUR depending on the vehicle’s category.
|E, F, G||400 €|
The full deposit is refunded if the Hirer complies with all terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement. In case of any damage to the vehicle caused by the Hirer, BVcar has the right to retain the deposit for any fees that may occur.
Rental price includes
- all local taxes and required Insurance;
- 24/7 Technical Assistance;
- unlimited Mileage;
- free registration of an additional driver;
- delivery of the vehicle, which is hired for 3 days or longer, to the Southern Airport
Rental price does not include
- fines and towing;
- additional services (must be requested during the reservation process or by sending an e-mail at [email protected] and paid when the vehicle is received):
|Child Safety Seat or Child Booster Seat||free|
|GPS||5 € / day|
|Pick up the vehicle hired for 3 days or longer at the Northern Airport||50€|
|Drop off the vehicle hired for 3 days or longer to the Northern Airport||50€|
|Full Tank Service||60€|
* The deposit for GPS rental is 50 €. The deposit is taken when the vehicle is hired and refunded when the vehicle is returned.
No refunds are payable on vehicles returned before the expiry of hire.
The Hirer must use only the fuel type, which is inscribed in the Rental Agreement, specified for the vehicle. The Hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the car by filling it up with the wrong fuel.
If the Full Tank Service option is not selected in the Rental Agreement, the vehicle must be returned containing the same amount of fuel as when received. Otherwise, the charge for the missing fuel plus 10 Euro will be withdrawn from the deposit.
The Hirer receives the vehicle with required Insurance, which includes 24/7 Technical Assistance.
Insurance does not cover
- loss or theft of the vehicle;
- any damage to the car caused by the Hirer due to collision, as well as death or injury of the driver and passengers;
- act of vandalism;
- theft of personal items;
- any damage caused to goods transported in the rented vehicle;
- total or partial damages to interior, rims, tires, and windows or other glass, as well as damages to the underneath of the car;
- loss, theft or damages of accessories, spare parts, keys, remote control, battery, tools, documentation or other items;
- any damage caused to the car by filling it up with the wrong fuel;
- mechanical failure breakdown, breakage, electronic failure that is a result of improper use of the vehicle;
- any damage, wear or tear of the car seats;
- any costs when the driver is under the influence of alcohol or any drug;
- fine or penalty imposed as a result of prosecution for breach of any law.
The installation of the Child Safety Seat must be done by the Hirer.
In case of an accident caused by improper installation of the additional accessories or equipment, BVcar is not legally responsible for any damage. Any damage that is not covered by Insurance must be fully covered by the Hirer.
Reservation Cancellation Policy
The Hirer can cancel the reservation without penalty up to 24 hours in advance of the designated pick up time. If the Hirer cancels the reservation less than 24 hours before the rental pick up time, the cancellation fee will be assessed and equal to 2-day rental cost of the hired vehicle.
If you wish to cancel your reservation, please email us at [email protected] indicating your full name and reservation number. You will receive the confirmation of your cancellation within 24 hours via email.